Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Happy Belated Coming Out Day!

I really wanted to make a post yesterday, however i had issues with my computer.  I got a virus, and it made my computer too slow to do anything.  I also didn't feel comfortable making a blog post on someone else's computer.  

I have 2 interesting NCOD stories though.  My school's Homecoming.....celebration.....thing..... was yesterday, and I was unaware.  I went to the quad because the GSA had a table there to petition for the school to give benefits to same-sex partners.  When I got there, I found a giant rainbow bounce house, a large stage, and 90's music blaring.  I vote that next year, every school's GSA should rent a rainbow bounce house to NCOD, otherwise we might be outdone by greek life.  

Story #2-  I'm not the only LGBT student who does TKD at my school.  In fact, I've had a handful of LGBT students the past couple years, not all of them 100% out.  There have been a couple students who have come out to me, while still being in the closet  to others.  There's this one student in class, who idk for sure is LGBT, but I see this student at a lot of LGBT functions.  In class on NCOD, one of the other instructors made a joke about how this student should show off their skills to their opposite-sex significant other.  This student started laughing uncomfortably.  Now, this instructor didn't mean any harm and is in fact very supportive of LGBT issues.  Part of me wanted to pull the other instructor aside and inform them of the issue, but I knew that would violate the student's personal privacy.  It sucks that you can't come out for someone, even if you're trying to help.  Plus since idk if this student is LGBT, I could've outed them when they really didn't need to out them.

Anyway, that's what happened to me on NCOD.  As a present for putting up with my absense, here's an awesome video enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment