Saturday, January 8, 2011

Drawing disturbing parallels

Like I said in an earlier post, I got the Sims 3 for Christmas, and I've been playing it a lot lately.  A series of events happened, and it made me have to sit and think about what I had just done.
Here's what happened, and see if you can draw any parallels to real life from it.

I created a couple with a child.  As the child got older, the kids at his school started hating him and picking on him, causing him to be unhappy a lot of the time.   Eventually, it became clear that there was something seriously wrong with this child. He was glitched. He wouldn't/couldn't do the things I wanted him to (and often froze my game).  Nothing I tried was able to fix him.  Eventually, I gave up and had one of his parents kick him out of the house.

I know this is just a video game, but does anyone besides me find this a little messed up?  (if anyone's confused about what actually happened in this game, I'll be happy to explain in the comments)

No comments:

Post a Comment