Sunday, February 20, 2011

Goodbye

This is my last post.

Don't worry. Nothing bad happened. I'm fine.  I simply don't have the drive to continue posting.  I don't really have a reason to do so anymore.  I was actually about to quit way back last spring, when I had only made a few posts.  The way I got into this blogging community was by discovering Mikey's blog.  When I was coming out, I found my strength to do so by reading stories by men who had done the same.  I looked up to them and wanted to be like them.  I believed Mikey was doing the same thing for a new generation of gay teens out there.  I continued to follow him and began interacting with the forum's community.  I decided to give blogging a try myself; partially to experiment with it, and also because I was going through some issues that I wasn't comfortable talking to my family and friends about back then and wanted to vent.  I was losing interest in it pretty quickly.

Then the scandal happened.  Those of you who where there remember how heartbroken a lot of people were.  I realized how devastating this was going to be to all of the closeted gay people out there who he inspired.  I was worried that they might lose hope.  I decided I'd tell my own coming out story in hopes that it would help everyone understand that even though Mikey wasn't real, there are lots of gltb people out there who are.  I realize writing with a pseudonym defeats the purpose a little, but I figured if I was at least honest about that fact might make up for it.  I also encouraged everyone else to write their own coming out stories if they had one because a) I'm not the only one with a story, and not everyone grew up with the same circumstances I did.  People might find other stories more relatable, and b) I suck at writing.  I really do.  I might not have done a great job at writing my own story (I'll leave that for you all to decide). If better writers told their stories too, they would probably do a better job connecting to people than I could.

I got a lot of positive response from my "Coming Out:" posts.  To everyone who emailed me/left comments, thank you, I really mean it.  I'm glad that my story connected with you all.

I was planning to stop blogging after I finished my story.  However, a few people were really curious about my life after I came out; what was my first boyfriend like, etc, so I kept posting.  After that, blogging was simply my way of keeping in touch with the friends I've made.  However, like I said at the beginning of this post, I've lost my drive to continue posting.  Not that I've lost interest in keeping in touch with everyone.  I will still comment on others blogs, and you are all still free to email or formspring me if you'd like.

The last thing I want to say is this.  If you have a coming out story, please share it.  Maybe you think it's boring, maybe it's too sad, maybe you think no one will relate to it, maybe you think someone can do a better job, but somewhere out there, there might be a kid who finds your story, and it will mean the world to them.

9 comments:

  1. Sorry to see you go and wish all the health and happiness in the world. The "Mikey thing" really hurt a great deal of people so I thank you personally for staying on and trying to lend what help you could.

    You have a great life ahead of you based on your accounts. Best of luck and so long

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no! I like your blog so bad. I am the reader from Brazil. But I am glad that you will comment in others blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to see you go. Thank you for all the effort you did put into this. It was definitely appreciated. Best of luck to you in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck and thank you for writing great posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks you guys. I really appreciate all of the goodbyes. One more thing that I forgot to say earlier: If you want to tell your story or know someone else's story that you like, feel free to post links to them on here. If you have trouble posting links, just email them to me, and I will make another post with the links on them

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robbie: I enjoyed your posts. Please take care. I hope you find satisfaction and happiness in your life. Perhaps we will see you around posting comments on other blogs and that will let us know that you are still alive and kicking. Get it? Kicking! Tae Kwon Do. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just want to say thanks!
    Thanks for sharing your life with us.
    More than anything, thanks for being you.
    May you be blessed with a happy and wonderful life!
    The Other Fred

    ReplyDelete
  8. If your partner's commitment is in doubt,or you suspect your partner cheating on you,kindly apply for the service of this Cyber genius "hackingloop6 @ gmail . com",he is a legit and reliable hacker,he also improves credit score..Also available on WhatsApp + 1 484  540 - 0785. Tell him I referred you.

    ReplyDelete